Outsourced General Counsel
Business in the ag sector, just like every business, grapples with challenges every day that would benefit from legal counsel. For various reasons, a growing business may not want to hire a full-time “in-house” lawyer, or take on the additional overhead for a legal department.
We offer clients a solution by providing outsourced general counsel to meet the need for regular legal support in ongoing operations. The Firm’s systems are built with great business technology tools that allow us to work remotely from any location. This gives us the flexibility to work with clients at their own facilities, directly with their teams, or from our offices in Northwest Arkansas.
We appreciate the things that make ag businesses unique and the impact on decision-making:
- Access to dirt – the most finite of resources.
- Ever-changing federal farm policies and programs.
- Production cycles that are dependent on the unpredictable weather.
- The heavy capital investment required to make commodity products.
- A large and growing body of environmental regulation.
- Boom-and-bust market cycles for ag products.
The risks are high, but so are agriculture’s rewards.
We provide a wide range of services to help agricultural enterprises in meet their risks and legal needs, including:
- Contract drafting, review and negotiation.
- Intellectual property issues, including licensing, enforcement, and freedom to operate.
- Registration and labeling of regulated ag inputs such as fertilizer, soil amedments/conditioners, microbials, and pesticides.
- Employment and collaboration-related matters such as Non-Disclosure, Non-Solicitation, and Non-Compete Agreements.
- Product marketing and distribution arrangements.
- Seed production, labeling, and channeling.
- Preparing and responding to cease-and-desist letters, subpoenas, and requests for information.
- Legal project management, including coordination with other outside counsel.
- Land, Facility, and Equipment leasing.
- Supplier and vendor agreements.
We’ve been there, and we can help. The Firm offers general counsel services under fixed-fee subscriptions with predictable costs, and traditional hourly billing. When you’re ready, contact us to determine which approach fits your business best.